Sunday, April 06, 2008

Gay drama!

So a couple weeks ago Eduardo and I booked our tickets to Oregon for Kris’ wedding, and we MAY have tacked an extra week onto the trip to spend in NYC! WOOT! Very exciting, especially since Eduardo hasn’t been there since 2003!

Anyway, right before we booked our tix, we found out that George Michael would be doing his big farewell tour in NYC right around the time we were there! We were going to leave on Monday, the 21st, but we extended it so we could see him on the 21st (and so I could see my boyfriend Jonathan Groff in Hair on the 22nd, woot!).

Anyway, I was very worried about tickets because arena concerts are HORRIBLE and EVIL and you can never get tickets, but spend a million dollars for the seats anyway. And you have to deal with Ticketmaster, which is like the worst company ever, fucking bitches! AND tickets in NYC were literally twice as much as other cities! GRRR! But I didn’t care, because it is his first U.S. tour in 17 years and probably the only chance I’ll have of seeing him!

So I found out about the AMEX presale that started on Monday morning at 8 AM. I usually leave for school at about 8, but figured it would be okay if I was a few minutes late, since George Michael > school, thank you! Um, little did I know the drama that was to ensue!

So the tickets sold REALLY fucking fast and the seats in the 2nd section were crappy and way too far back. I opened another window to check what the seats were like in the 3rd section, and they were closer, so I decided to get those instead, even tho I wanted better ones. So I went through with the purchase and when I got to the confirmation page it didn’t say the section or seat numbers, which I thought was strange. I clicked purchase anyway and was happy until I checked my receipt, and they gave me the shitty 2nd-level far away seats!!! WTF! Apparently you can’t have two windows open because the cookies or whatever mess with the site. FUCKERS!

So at first I emailed them and hoped they would reply quickly. Well, they didn’t. Even though I should have left for school then, I was on a mission and got out my calling card and started calling Ticketmaster. I tried every single NYC state line and they were all busy. I couldn’t call the Oregon number because they weren’t open, so I decided to call a random-ass state with no people….i.e. Kansas! They transferred me to customer service, and I had to wait like another 20 minutes. I finally got a bitchy lady, but fortunately she was helpful and said she would cancel my order so I could buy them again. Well that took another 15 minutes, then I could go back and buy the ones I wanted in the first place.

In the end I was an hour late to class and spent WAY too much money on this damn concert, but at least we have tickets now! It better be a good concert! Hello, they should have given me first-row seats after being on hold with Ticketmaster for an hour from Mexico! Hrmph.

No comments: